For: 4 | Time: 30 mins | Level: Easy | Calories:300/portion
.: Ingredients :.
- Chicken breast, 450g, cut into large pieces
- Large tomato, 2 pieces, cut into large pieces
.: Seasoning :.
- Thai basil, 5 stalk, take the leaves only
- Olive oil, 3 tbsp
- Sugar, 0.5 tbsp
- Fish sauce, 1.5 tbsp
- Garlic, 2 cloves, peeled, sliced
- Shallot, 1 piece, peeled, sliced
- Hot water 1 tbsp
- red pepper flake, 0.5 tbsp
- Black pepper, 0.5 tsp
.: Steps :.
- Roughly blend all the seasoning in a mixer. Mix the seasoning with the chicken. Marinade it for 1 hour or overnight
(Note: For overnight, reduce the fish sauce by 0.5 tbsp. The seasoning should be roughly blended with some residues)
- Remove the chicken from the seasoning. Thread the chicken and tomato onto a skewers. Heat the pan with 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Pan-fry the chicken until each side is brown, about 1-2 minutes each side. Add in 1/4 cup of hot water. Cover and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Serve it in hot.
(Note: It is hard to cook through the chicken if it is too thick. It is why simmering it with water. The chicken should be 80% done before you turn of the heat.)